I have a friend on Pinterest who always pins beautiful crafts made from burlap. I have always loved the look of this material and fell even more in love when I discovered how affordable it is! Taking a step into the fall decorating season (my favorite!) I decided to experiment with a simple welcome banner.
- I began by creating a simple template with an old cereal box from our recycle bin. Fold it in have to make it even on both sides!
- Trace and cut out enough for your message. I did 7 for "Welcome".
- I used twine and my machine to attach each piece to create the banner.
- I wanted the letters to look neat so found a font I liked, typed what I wanted it to say (Welcome) and printed it to fit on my banner.
- I used the printed letters as a stencil under the burlap and painted over them with acrylic paint. I used tape to hold it in place while I traced over each letter.
- It looked great plain, but I love fabric flowers and decided to create two burlap flowers for the ends. - There are several fabric flower tutorials out there. Here is one of my favorites. Rolled Fabric Flower