Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Little Treasures


I have been busy collecting plants and other essential elements for our garden. Once I finally laid the baby down for a nap and made it outside to do some gardening, a summer storm decided to blow in!

I have been brainstorming ways to add special touches to our little oasis and came across an enormous tub of shells that I have been collecting over the years. I love sea shells but felt they needed more color to stand out so I decided to paint them!



- I selected a few white shells that had the same worn texture. I chose these because I knew they would absorb the paint very well. Be sure your shells are completely dry before you begin!

- I drew my designs onto the shells with a pencil before painting.

- I painted my shells with acrylic paint by applying thin coats and allowed each one to dry before adding another.

- After they were completely dry, I gave them two coats of sealer so they are weather resistant. I used a gloss sealer to make them shiny!



I am so happy with how they turned out. They have provided more inspiration for my bird bath! I have to wait until it dries out to begin that project!

No comments:

Post a Comment